Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bob the early days

Bob is doing good. Sunday was a bit concerning early on -- Bob didn't have much interest in eating -- wasn't even going for the meatballs. He finally did eat a can of chicken broth I warmed up for him and then later on ate some a few bites of kibble.. and i gave him a few more meatballs after mac stole the ones he didn't eat.

in the evening he seemed much better though quite stiff after having slept most of the day.. his rear movement issues didn't seem to improve much but we did spend some time bonding

today I penned mac and steve in the kitchen and left harley and bob in the bedroom and hallway - i didn't want to crate him as though i have one of those large crates, his mobility issues make me concerned about having him in a small space from 7 am till 5:45 pm -- and since harley isn't into anything that requires any effort besides her squeeky toys I figured they'd be fine... oh how wrong I was... you know how old people just do anything they want and don't really care what you think. I think I've got that going on here. I have a fireplace screen that I put across the hallway so the dogs can't get into the living room from the hallway and bedroom. I came home and there was harley and bob proudly looking out the living room window. HMMM.. so maybe I didnt' put that screen across the hallway this am -- I was running late... I left everybody out to do their thing and because I needed to run some errands put everybody back -- steve and mac in the kitchen and harley and bob in the hallway.... and i put the screen across the hall. You know how I know? Because I hadn't even made it to the door when I hear the screen sliding across the hardwood floor! Yes, har and bob, jointly, were pushing that screen away from the hallway so they could get into the living room.... could they have at least waited till i was out the door and couldn't see them?

I don't know if this foster thing is going to work out -- I'm afraid I may come home to all the neighborhood dogs sitting around the table playing poker & smoking cigars .... or since these are old dogs, it will bob with a pair of bermuda shorts pulled up to his armpits and black socks and harley in a muu muu playing canasta! it's not pretty here!

all joking aside, bob is feeling better, he didn't want to get up this am -- but by the time i herded everyone else to the door to go out, he had made it up and wasn't too far behind, he walks good but seems to stand like that right hip is loose. he didn't have much interest in food early today but did eat 1 1/2 chicken strip treats for breakfast. He's quickly caught on that we all come in
after we pee in the morning and park in front of the frig so i can't get out of the kitchen unless I give out the daily pig ear / chicken strip

I picked up a can of purina one tonight and he inhaled that... I think tomorrow I will get him alot of canned food. That might solve some of his food issues.. i'm not particularly fond of canned food poop but I guess i'll have to get used to it .. He definitely could use a few lbs.

He is also on the vocal side... he barked at me today, because i was ignoring him... and tonight when we came in he whined because i was petting harley. once I scratched him he shut up.. he is very needy... he is pretty velcro-y right now ... when he lays down he needs to be near me and if he's laying in the opposite direction he frequently sits up to make sure i'm where he left me

he still seems to have some respiratory thing going on -- especially when he lays on his side... if he's laying with his head up .. he's fine... maybe it's too many cigars form the poker games?

everyone is getting along quite well. We've had no issues so either everyone gets it that he's sick and geriatric or for the moment it just all good. Hopefully this will continue.

tommorrow at 10:45 is the vet appointment, hopefully we will get a good look at his teeth and see what the deal is there as well as with the hip/leg -- now that he's had that can of food - i won't feel so bad about poking and proding him

still trying to get him in for a beauty treatment... boy he needs that bad as well...

You're all invited over for canasta!

bob and company

No comments:

Post a Comment