So, finally, I'm back at it... got the taxes done and it's finally getting nice out, YAY! So I want to get back to the blog... My second attempt at fostering is underway. Carver, and older GSD was pulled from PACCA - a philly shelter. His time was up. Several GSR-SP volunteers, Leah and Rebecca helped out and formed a transport train and got him to the Lancaster Petsmart where I picked him up. He had a decent ride from philly. No trouble at all. We met in the parking lot, had a walk around and then after a couple of attempts to get him in the explorer ( he has some hip or leg or some sort of rear issue that he wasn't too enthralled with the climb up into the vehicle) he got in and we were on our way. I don't think he is a Carver. I'll have to think about what his name is. Anyway, we had a pretty uneventful drive home - Lancaster is about 2.5 - 3 hours from me - Carver slept much of the way. I was a bit concerned about him. He's pretty skinny and seems pretty disoriented. But, he was pulled pretty early in the morning and then has been in 3 different cars and travelled 1/2 way across the state, so I guess that's pretty understandable.
It was a nice warm day in early November when I got Carver. Soon to be renamed Bob. And the adventure begins again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment